As Japan’s first dedicated logistics REIT, Japan Logistics Fund, Inc. (JLF) places a great deal of import on our relationships with all stakeholders, from investors to business partners and the community. Through the ownership of logistics facilities, we aim to facilitate the flow of money (finance) and the flow of goods, which is the lifeblood of the economy. Through these efforts, we pursue activities aimed at fulfilling our social responsibility, such as environmental awareness and contributions to society.
Consideration for the Environment
Environmental energy conservation measures
At JLF, we aim to lighten our burden on the environment by pursuing environmental and energy-conservation measures at the properties we own.
Examples of environmental and energy-conservation measures (some are still under study)
1. Introduce energy conservation equipment when renewing HVAC equipment
2. Introduce LED lighting when lighting fixtures are renewed
3. Turn ON/OFF lighting using motion detection sensors (in rest rooms, stairwells, etc.)
4. Introduce water-efficient models when renewing sanitary fixtures (bidet-equipped toilet seats, automatic water faucets, hand dryers)
5. Apply thermal insulation paint on roof tops with poor thermal insulation to enhance the efficiency of air conditioning on the top floor
Acquisition of DBJ Green Building Certification
Shin-Koyasu Logistics Center was certificated as “Platinum” which is the highest rank of the System and Tajimi Logistics Center was certificated as “Gold”. This is the first time “Platinum” the System awarded to properties owned by a logistics REIT since the System was established.
- DBJ Green Building Certification
- A system of selecting and certifying real estate properties with high environmental and social awareness (Green Building), based on a comprehensive evaluation system that assesses not only an environmental perspective, but also a social one including owner response to social needs of the diverse stakeholders of the properties.
Acquisition of a Certification based on the SMBC Sustainable Building Assessment Program
Misato Logistics Center was certificated as “Bronze”, which is the first time the SMBC Sustainable Building Assessment Loan Program awarded to logistics properties.
- SMBC Sustainable Building Assessment Loan Program
- A program designed to select and certify real estate properties satisfying environmental sustainability standards set by original evaluation system of SMBC. The standards include environmental performance capability of the properties, initiatives on risk management necessary for securing sustainability, and policy and implementation program on sustainability management.
Yachiyo Redevelopment Project
Yachiyo Logistics Center after the redevelopment project received an A rating under CASBEE for new construction.
- A system for evaluating the overall environmental performance of a building. Evaluates and rates the environmental performance of buildings based on energy and resource conservation, recycling and other environmental burden reductions as well as interior comfort and landscaping.
Participation in the GRESB Annual Survey
We participate in the annual survey by GRESB, which evaluates the environmental awareness and sustainability of real estate operators.
- GRESB（Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark）
- A benchmark that assesses the environmental awareness and sustainability of real estate operators including REITs, formed primarily from major European pension funds. GRESB aims to enhance shareholder value by applying awareness of the environment, society and governance to real estate investments.
Initiatives at the Asset Management Firm
JLF’s asset management firm, Mitsui & Co., Logistics Partners Ltd. (MLP), promotes a work environment that enables directors and employees to balance work with their personal life and work with a sense of mission and fulfillment. MLP aims to be the best asset management firm workplace in Japan.