Japan Logistics Fund Inc. (hereafter, "JLF") recognizes the importance of the protection of personal information, and has established the following basic policy (hereafter, "the Policy") for matters related to the handling of personal information and specific personal information, etc., and will continuously strive for the appropriate handling of such information.
1. Compliance with Related Laws and Ordinances
JLF will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003; hereafter, "the Personal Information Protection Act"), the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures (Act No. 27 of 2013; hereinafter, "the Number Act") as well as other related laws, regulations and guidelines issued by the relevant administrative agencies.
2. Appropriate Collection of Personal Information
JLF will collect and acquire personal information through legal and fair means. If there is concern the provider of personal information acquired that information improperly, JLF will not acquire that information. This includes cases where personal information is acquired from third parties.
3. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
JLF will, except as provided to the contrary by laws and regulation, not use any personal information for any purpose beyond the scope of the following Purposes of Use.
- . To execute the rights of JLF and to perform JLF's obligations, in accordance with the Act on Investment Trusts and Investment Corporations (AITIC) (Act No. 198 of 1951) and the Company Law (Act No. 86 of 2005).
- To adopt the measures to facilitate the relationship between JLF and its investors.
- To prepare and submit various types of reports and to manage unitholder information, including the preparation of JLF unitholder data, in accordance with the AITIC and the Company Law as well as other related laws, regulations.
- To confirm and respond to inquiries, etc.
- To execute proper and stable performance of any other operations of JLF.
In addition, JLF will use specific personal information only when the Number Act permits. JLF will not obtain, use or provide any sensitive information except when the related laws, regulations and guidelines permit.
4. Ensuring Accurate and Up-to-date Information, etc.
JLF will strive to ensure that the personal information in our possession is accurate and up-to-date. JLF will also strive to erase personal information when it becomes no longer necessary.
5. Provision to Third Party
Unless otherwise provided for by laws or ordinances, JLF will not provide personal information to any third party without personal consent. JLF will also not provide any specific personal information to any third party unless permitted by the Number Act.
6. Outsourcing of Operations
In cases where we entrust personal information or specific personal information, etc. to a third party in connection with outsourced operations, JLF will confirm the personal information protection procedures at the outsourced party and take measures that take into account the protection of personal information.
7. Security Management of Personal Information理
JLF will adopt the necessary security measures to prevent any leakage, loss or tampering, etc. of personal information in its handling. JLF will also adopt the necessary security measures to prevent any leakage, loss, or tampering, etc. of specific personal information, etc.
8. How to Request the Disclosure of Personal Information
- To request the disclosure of personal information in the possession of Mitsui & Co., Logistics Partners Ltd. (hereafter "MLP"), the asset management company of JLF in accordance with Acts No. 27(2), No. 28(1), No. 29(1) and No. 30(1) & (3), please mail or bring us a request form together with evidence of personal identification (original or copy of your driver's license or resident's card). If making the request on behalf of another person, please include materials that will enable us to confirm you are acting on that person's behalf (e.g., power of attorney, a copy or extract of a family register).
- To protect personal privacy, MLP's response will in principle be addressed only to the person making the request at a postal address used exclusively by that person. Please be aware that even for requests made on behalf of another, MLP may respond directly to the person on whose behalf the request was made.
- Please direct any inquiries or complaints about JLF's treatment of personal information and specific personal information, etc., to the following contact.
Mitsui & Co., Logistics Partners Ltd.
|Address||Chiyoda First Bldg. 13th Floor South Wing, 3-2-1, Nishikanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0065, Japan|
|Time||9:15 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., JST
(Weekends and National Holidays, excluded)
Meanwhile, if you have any specific inquires especially regarding registration in the list of Unit-Holders or regarding issues related to the dividend, please contact the transfer-agents at the following details:
Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited.
|Address||2-8-4 Izumi, Suginami-ku, Tokyo 168-0063 Japan|
|Telephone||0120-782-031 (Japanese Only)|
|Time||from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., JST
(Weekend and National Holiday, excluded)
9. Continuous Improvement of the Personal Information Protection System
JLF shall always maintain an understanding of the current situation regarding its management of personal information and specific personal information, etc., and shall review the Policy as necessary while striving for the continuous improvement of the personal information protection system.
Latest revision date: July 1, 2018